UPVC is based on polyvinyl chloride (PVC), one of the most versatile polymers found in the century. PVC today finds application in almost all facet of our life, from daily use to highly sophisticated life saving applications. This flexibility of PVC is leveraged through a unique formulation to prepare a special UPVC blend for windows and doors.
UPVC (where ‘U’ stands for unplasticized) is one of the most preferred window framing material across the world. The material comes in a range of colour, is low maintenance and offers benefits which no material so far has matched. This has helped UPVC garner more than 50% market share in countries like UK, USA where it is also known as vinyl or vinyl siding.
BENEFITS OF UPVC DOORS:
UPVC windows and doors offer many of the performance characteristics which no other material so far has achieved
Efficient Thermal Insulation
Window Magic windows and doors are ideal for every climatic condition and result in providing a cozy and comfortable atmosphere in your house. uPVC windows and doors have efficient thermal insulation resulting in minimum heat lose in Winters and reduce heat gain in summers . The glazing is also of utmost importance for good thermal values, also contributing to a substantial energy saving.
Durable and long lasting
uPVC windows and doors are long lasting and deliver the same look and glaze for years without being affected even by worse physical factors. Window Magic uPVC windows and doors hardly require any maintenance. Unlike the timber and other materials, uPVC windows and doors need not to be painted regularly. Therefore, there maintenance is reduced to simple cleaning and does not involve any further expensive maintenance.
uPVC doors and windows can be recycled and reused. The doors and windows offered by Window Magic are Eco-friendly as they help in reducing deforestation by using uPVC as a smarter alternative for wood. The extrusive process of Window Magic uPVC window and door profiles is relatively energy efficient, compared to other materials.
Advantages of UPVC
- Perfect insulation
- Keeps the cold out and the warmth in during winter vice versa in summer
- Double glazing available if requested that can offer the ultimate insulation
- Safe on heating and cooling bills.
- Highly hygienic: Keeps dust, polling, wind and bacteria out while closed
- Virtually no maintenance required
- No painting
- No sanding
- No warping
- Superb safety with highly advanced multipoint locking systems all around
- Blocks out the noise from outside and retains privacy by keeping indoor noise blocked
- Windows are made to size and this makes it easy to replace
- The products are fully recyclable
- Various colour options
- Wooden lookalike with real feeling grain
- The uPVC is not effected by wind, dust particles, sun and other natural elements
- Easy to clean
- Easy to operate
- Integral lift rails, interlocks and weather-stripping pockets
- Supreme quality uPVC doors & windows
uPVC and its Uses
The rigid form of PVC has replaced many materials in the construction industry and is now utilised for soffits, weatherboarding, cladding, drainpipes and gutters. Because the material is highly cost effective and requires very little maintenance, it is a popular replacement for timber and cast iron. When used in the production of windows and doors, PVC-U is also very energy efficient, which is why it is used in double glazed windows.
PVC-U windows and other products have come a long way since they were first introduced into buildings. The white plastic-like appearance wasn’t to the taste of all home owners, but now there are a multitude of different styles and colours available. You can even choose a wood grain effect to give the appearance of traditional timber, while reaping the thermal benefits of uPVC.